Attendance at all class sessions is required. Completion and submission of all assignments to the instructor by the end of class. A score of 70 on the post course test is required for successful completion.
Special Concerns: One class segment will occur during the hours of darkness on day two of the course. The hours will vary with the season.
One segment of the course addresses photography of personal injuries. Students will be asked to serve as photographic subjects for one another. No personal areas of the body will be photographed. Areas commonly modeled are: eyes, arms, elbows, hands and wrists for fellow students. All images taken of students will be destroyed at the conclusion of the course.
Students are asked to provide the following equipment:
(1) Flashlight and charging equipment which they use on duty and is capable of thirty minutes continuous use.
(2) Raingear and seasonal attire which allows them to remain outside for as much as two hours at a time (both day and night conditions).
(3) Reflective vest which provides adequate visibility to motorists should students be in proximity to vehicles when completing assignment.
(4) While not required, students are encouraged to bring a laptop computer with them to organize and review their images.
(5) Flash drive with 4-8 gigabytes of storage.