1. Define crisis intervention as it relates to suicidal situations.
2. List, in writing, three myths about suicide.
3. Identify potential suicidal individuals.
4. Define the term “suicidal `erosion.”
5. Provide examples of ambivalence by the suicidal caller.
6. List, in writing, motives for suicide.
7. List and define the three H’s of suicide.
8. Define the term crisis and identify behaviors that are indicators of a crisis-prone person.
9. List various types of events that may precipitate a crisis.
10. Outline key characteristics of the following types of calls:
a. Domestic violence
b. Child abuse
c. Financial stress
d. Substance abuse
e. Mental disorders
f. Suicidal callers
11. Determine basic guidelines for identifying a crisis and what can be done to establish a plan of action.
12. Identify the two factors that the telecommunicator needs to consider regarding risk assessment.
13. Discuss suicide by cop and recognize the potential dangers that are characteristic of this type of call.
14. Identify the do’s and don’ts of helping a suicidal caller.
15. Discuss elements that should be included in agency policy and procedure.