1. Discuss the methodology of a successful criminal investigation.
2. Discover theories associated with criminal cognition.
3. Identify the characteristics of a successful investigator.
4. List the ways in which an investigative narrative is used to determine the truth.
5. Identify the preliminary investigative procedures required in any investigation.
6. Discuss crime scene tasks and areas of responsibility for the lead investigator.
7. Explore the proper techniques for interaction with the media.
8. List considerations for when a suspect is in custody at the investigators arrival on scene.
9. Discuss techniques utilized in developing investigative leads.
10. Learn the proper steps in collecting a statement from a person involved in an investigation.
11. Examine some of the basic steps in the interview process.
12. Name several of the common actions done in the follow-up portion of an investigation.
13. Identify the necessary considerations of working with informants.
14. Discuss evaluating and tracing the suspect along with documenting negative evidence.
15. List valuable investigative resources.
16. Discover the proper techniques used in case file preparation and report writing.
17. Examine data collected from a survey submitted by District Attorneys from across the state.
18. Discuss concerns associated with trial preparation and testifying in court.