At the end of this block of instruction, the participant will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information received during the instructional period:
* Identify three components of communication and use them to determine purpose in writing.
* Plan, deliver, and evaluate written arguments.
* Define tone and describe how it affects writing.
* List common grammatical mistakes and discuss how to avoid them.
* Discuss important strategies for proofreading and editing.
* Analyze different formatting and citation styles and discuss their application.
* Define plagiarism and discuss how to avoid it.
* Discuss etiquette in email communications.