Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to;
• Analyze any set of EDR data encountered.
• Determine if the event recorded is from this crash.
• Identify circumstances where EDR data is incomplete or has nothing to do with your crash
• Understand Delta-V.
• Use EDR Delta-V along with other scene evidence to get closing speed and speed at impact.
• Use Delta V from the vehicle with the recorder to determine the Delta V of the other vehicle.
• Recognize vehicle operational conditions that would cause EDR speed data to not accurately reflect true vehicle speed.
• Determine the effect that equipment modifications have on EDR speed data.