Upon course completion, the student will be able to:
- Define the term budget. Develop the skills necessary to design a strategic plan.
- List and explain the five steps of the budget process.
- Develop a police budget.
- Explain the procedure for determining manpower needs for a police agency.
- List the five components that make up the Crime Measurement Index (CMI).
- Given sufficient data, determine the Crime Measurement Index for certain jurisdictions.
- Given proper information, each student will determine the Relief Factor for police agencies.